Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Gift to La Salle College

Today I was able to meet with the Principal of La Salle College (Perth), Wayne Bull, to present the art work kindly donated by a South African friend whose children attend La Salle College in Discovery, Johannesburg.
Our meeting was fairly brief, mainly because I was stuck in traffic getting to the College. However, I had time to discuss my mission trip with Wayne, explain where the artist got the inspiration for his piece and discuss the amazing generosity of a dear friend.
The pleasing thing about the visit was that Wayne genuinely appreciates art and was very grateful to receive this piece. Once it is placed on a wall at La Salle College he has promised to email me a photo that I can send back to the artist and to the lady who donated the piece. Both will be stoked to see it up on the wall!
This could also be the start of an ongoing relationship between the two colleges, as Wayne plans to contact the sister school to say thank you and to let them know he has received it.
Below is a copy of the art work, before I had it framed. It's a magnificent piece! I am really grateful to the artist, Mark Youssef, for making this all possible.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful artwork and such a lovely idea by your SA friend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, they make my day!