Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Less than a week till I go!

Today I finally received my timetable at work, which enables me to write my 42 relief lessons I need to prepare before I head off to Thailand this weekend!

The thing is it's not just writing 42 lesson plans, it's also preparing them, so photocopying, creating activities etc! Today I got one of the five classes written for the two weeks. Given the Year 11s come tomorrow, it's going to be a super busy week!

I managed to raise about $1500 for the trip, which is a fantastic effort and I'm so grateful for the friends and family I have. The only item left to sell is a LeBron James NBA jersey that was donated to me by a friend who received it as part of a package when he went to see Miami V Boston in the NBA playoffs.

For those living in Australia, it's worth bidding on! The link is below:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140691903437?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

With two and a half days to go it only has one bid and five watchers, but I'm sure it will go for a lot more than $30! I'm expecting at least $100, if not more.

So I have had my Hep A and Typhoid shots and purchased my malaria tablets. My aunty Rhonda has made me a Survival Kit to take with me. For those who are curious, it contains the following items, listed with some funny comments to go with it:

Tiger Balm - for protection against Tigers!
Hydralite Pills - for dehydration if insufficient beer.
Paw Paw Ointment - to guard against pawpaw overdose.
Bushman + - repels for hours.
Zinc stick lip balm - in case of sun attack.
Sunscreen - protect from sun attack.
Jellybeans - to keep energy levels up.

Okay, so after a couple of jokes she suddenly got serious! I guess that attacking sun is no laughing matter!

So in less than a week, I'll be in Korat, Thailand! I could really do with some words of encouragement so please feel free to leave a comment this time.

Here is a map showing where Korat is, in relation to Bangkok and other cities/towns in Thailand.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man tis mark here, good luck for this early stage so far. Dunno which will be harder: the mission trip or preparing all those lessons?! Either way I believe in ya yo'. In fact I don't even think u need that Tiger Balm; you can wrestle those bastards on your own! Talk soon Murray, peace and all the best my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like it's going to be a life changing experience, enjoy your trip!
    Our church actually started doing mission trips to Kenya, and my parents started an organization called YouFeedThem, check it out if you have time: http://www.youfeedthem.com/
    Good luck on your journey & stay away from the tigers!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, they make my day!