Saturday, January 7, 2012

The journey before the journey

God has blessed me in so many ways, and I am so grateful for this. However, he has also thrown me some curve balls.

It may be through these obstacles that I really found God. I have been married to my beautiful wife Rebecca now for just over six years, and through this time, we have been trying for a baby. What we have gone through in this time I wouldn't wish upon anybody - 14 IVF's, knock-backs from adoption applications, a miscarriage...and of course with all of that comes not only emotional, but also financial stress.

Throughout this time there have been two constants in my life - Rebecca, and God. They are always there, always supporting me...and without them I would be lifeless.

Approximately three years ago Rebecca and I started attending Thornlie Church of Christ. I had dabbled in attending churches over the years but had never settled into one church...this time I feel completely a part of the church community.

I have helped out with bread runs, nativity photo days, and a few other events, but was always keen to be part of something even bigger - then last year I received an invitation to go on a two week mission trip to Thailand. This offer was something I felt really privileged to have received. Next, I had to get permission from my place of work.

Once this occurred, it was time to plan ahead. One thing I knew was that I did not have any cash to be able to afford this mission trip, and costs were going to be around $1250. I was going to need donations and pray that people would be able to help me. What I found was that I am blessed with several friends and family members who are very generous and giving of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, they make my day!