Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pot Luck Lunch Fundraiser

My sister organised a pot luck lunch fundraiser for me today, and despite some of the guests falling ill and not being able to attend, it was a really successful day.

I contributed a massive amount of spaghetti bolognaise, of which about half was eaten but enjoyed by all! There were a range of salads, roast chicken, fried rice, boiled rice, beef stroganoff  and plenty of desserts.

Quite a few of the guests were from my sister's mother's group, which meant there were plenty of cute babies and doting guests! The guests came from all over the world, from Syria, Africa, Canada etc, it was fantastic.

One of the guests is going to the Philippines in two weeks to teach English at a Bible College there. I am sure she will do really well and continue God's work.

We raised $95 today which was a brilliant effort and everyone had a great time. I'm really fortunate to have such a supportive sister, she's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, they make my day!